Blacksmith Shop

Elizabeth Paddock donated her husband’s forge, blower, and anvil to the Lake County Historical Society after his passing.

The forge table was a prime candidate for restoration as the floor of the table was held together by rust; it was necessary to fabricate a new pan, fire pot, and tuyere.

All the nuts, bolts, and rivets were cut and the pan was removed from the stand. Once the pan was removed, the stand became level again and stood square on the ground. Prior to the removal, one leg was 2 inches higher than the other three legs.

The pan was cut apart and used as a pattern for the new pan. A section of 16 gauge sheet metal was purchased and cut to match the size and shape of the original 1800’s pan.